Paint parts and structures with appropriate thickness and color. Use various tools and paint at different heights using ladders while observing all safety measures. Hang parts to dry, mix paint, and occasionally clean paint booth and perform maintenance on paint pump and gun. Shift hours are 3:30pm-2:00pm Monday through Friday.
• Painting and hanging parts
• Applying the appropriate number of coats of paint
• Mixing paint to produce correct color and shade
• Reading work order or receives instructions from supervisor regarding painting
• Prepares surfaces for painting
• Performing maintenance on paint pump/gun
• Painting while atop ladders
• Assists in cleaning paint booth
• Operating forklift
• Treating shop tools, equipment, and vehicles with care
• Maintain an overall safe work environment
• Keep work area clean
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to operate paint pump/gun
• Ability to operate tow motor
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix, and apply them
High school diploma, GED, or equal years of experience
One to two years of experience preferred
Individual must be prepared for:
Reaching – 90% of shift
Bending – 60% of shift
Pushing – 10% of shift
Pulling – 25% of shift
Climbing – 60 % of shift
Sitting – 20% of shift
Overhead work – 30% of shift
Standing – 80% of shift
Walking – 80%of shift
Lifting up to 50 pounds – 30% of shift
Employee must perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. The company will provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability, as defined by the ADA, who has made the company aware of his or her disability, provided that such accommodation does not constitute an undue hardship on the company.
• Pass a pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment physical
Work takes place in fabrication shop and paint booth. Work is in a loud to moderately loud environment. Individual must be prepared to work in hot or cold temperatures. Individual may be exposed to fumes or chemicals. Personal protective equipment, such as protective goggles, steel toe boots, and paint suit are required.
This position could lead to a “Lead Painter” position.
Safety: Promote a Healthy and Safe Culture
Empower employees to make the workplace safe
Establish employee ownership for safe behavior and awareness
Plan safety into all tasks
Learn from unsafe experiences to prevent future accidents
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Successful development and timely completion of individual and divisional annual objectives
2. Accomplishment of professional development goals as established in the employee performance evaluation
3. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills in building and maintaining levels of trust and respect
4. Satisfactory annual evaluation by supervisor
Note: Mellott Company reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time with or without notice to the employee.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.