Use parts that were manufactured in the shop and assemble them into conveyors and portable plants. This process may require grinding or welding to allow for a better fit. Fix any other issues that may have not been found yet and inform engineers if needed. Place safety warnings on all equipment where specified. Shift hours are 3:30PM to 2:00AM Monday through Friday.
• Assembles conveyors, portable plants
• Positions parts according to knowledge of unit being assembled or by following blueprints
• Fastens parts together with bolts, screws, speed clips, rivets, or other fasteners
• Remove small quantities of metal with hand files and scrapers to produce close fit between parts
• Brings concerns to engineers
• Fixes welds and grinds to ensure better fits
• Operate drill press, punch press, or riveting machines to assist in assembly operation
• Performs final quality check before equipment is shipped
• Places safety stickers on equipment as specified
• Maintain an overall safe work environment
• Ability to read blueprints
• Keep work area clean
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Willingness to work with a team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Display attention to detail
High school, GED, or equal years of experience
No experience required
Individual must be prepared for:
Reaching – 25% of shift
Bending – 60% of shift
Pushing – 40% of shift
Pulling – 40% of shift
Climbing – 15% of shift
Sitting – 15% of shift
Overhead work – 40% of shift
Standing- 85% of shift
Walking – 85% of shift
Lifting up to 50 pounds – 65% of shift
Employee must perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. The company will provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability, as defined by the ADA, who has made the company aware of his or her disability, provided that such accommodation does not constitute an undue hardship on the company.
• Pass a pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment physical
Work takes place in a climate controlled shop. Work is in a loud environment. Individual must be prepared to work in hot or cold temperatures. Individual may be exposed to fumes or chemicals. Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, steel toe boots, and ear plugs, are required on the shop floor.
This position could lead to advancement to “Lead Assembler” position.
Safety: Promote a Healthy and Safe Culture
Empower employees to make the workplace safe
Establish employee ownership for safe behavior and awareness
Plan safety into all tasks
Learn from unsafe experiences to prevent future accidents
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Successful development and timely completion of individual and divisional annual objectives
2. Accomplishment of professional development goals as established in the employee performance evaluation
3. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills in building and maintaining levels of trust and respect
4. Satisfactory annual evaluation by supervisor
Note: Mellott Company reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time with or without notice to the employee.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.