- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in the application of purchasing procedures and policies.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills, a good understanding of sourcing and the ability to maintain vendor relationships.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite
- Conduct supplier contract negotiation, supplier selection and contract lifecycle management.
- Proven ability to manage and maintain relationships with suppliers and vendors, as well as collaborate with other corporate positions.
- The Buyer is responsible for maintaining and implementing corporate procurement for availability of materials, supplies, equipment, and services.
- Creates POs as necessary to procure goods or services and monitors PO’s for accuracy and completeness in accordance to Purchase Order process and procedures.
- Performs vendor research to reduce operating costs and boost efficiency.
- Works directly with suppliers to ensure accuracy of pricing and payment terms.
- May meet with suppliers regularly and/or with management to review performance and address any issues.
- Assists with providing updates to procedures and policies regarding the procurement of goods and/or services.
- Suggests and facilitates cost saving programs.
- Participates in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Participates as a team player within the Purchasing Department.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.