Controlling and operating of machines and equipment to manufacture parts for the company. Operation of heavy, sophisticated machinery is required to make the parts and move them on to the next step of the manufacturing process in a timely manner. Communication with other departments is essential to meet production deadlines. Shift hours are 3:30pm-2:00 am Monday-Friday.
• Making parts with a high level of quality
• Bending, burning out, putting holes in, and cutting parts
• Quality checks on finished parts to ensure proper condition
• Scraping slag off parts
• Operation of overhead cranes, brake press, shears
• Use of lifting clamps, lifting chains, and lifting straps
• Operation of CNC machinery such as burn tables, angle lines, drill lines, and radial drills
• Maintain a chain of communication with co-workers, supervisors, and other departments
• Ensure timely preparation and availability of all production materials to avoid shortage during production
• Treat shop tools and equipment with care
• Maintain an overall safe work environment
• Keep work area clean
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to operate all equipment with precision
High school diploma, GED, or equal years of experience
No experience required
Individual must be prepared for:
Reaching – 10% of shift
Bending – 50% of shift
Pushing – 40% of shift
Pulling – 40% of shift
Climbing – 80% of shift
Sitting – 15% of shift
Overhead work – 15% of shift
Standing – 85% of shift
Walking – 85% of shift
Lifting up to 50 pounds – 15% of shift
Employee must perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. The company will provide reasonable accommodation to a qualified individual with a disability, as defined by the ADA, who has made the company aware of his or her disability, provided that such accommodation does not constitute an undue hardship on the company.
• Pass a pre-employment drug screen and pre-employment physical
Work takes place in a climate controlled shop. Work is in a loud environment. Individual must be prepared to work in hot or cold temperatures. Individual may be exposed to fumes or chemicals. Personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, steel toe boots, and ear plugs, are required on the shop floor.
This position could lead to a “Machine Operator Leader” position.
Safety: Promote a Healthy and Safe Culture
Empower employees to make the workplace safe
Establish employee ownership for safe behavior and awareness
Plan safety into all tasks
Learn from unsafe experiences to prevent future accidents
The criteria for evaluation in this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Successful development and timely completion of individual and divisional annual objectives
2. Accomplishment of professional development goals as established in the employee performance evaluation
3. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills in building and maintaining levels of trust and respect
4. Satisfactory annual evaluation by supervisor
Note: Mellott Company reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, or combine positions at any time with or without notice to the employee.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.